|Job Type:||Full Time|
Supporting the Technical Services Manager, you will drive the delivery of comprehensive technical services in order to support the achievement of Moranbah North’s performance targets and maximising the value of the resource.
You have some great ideas. That’s why we want you.
At Anglo American we are committed to making lasting positive change for colleagues, host communities, consumers and our planet. Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives", delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will provide effective leadership of the Technical Services team to deliver best practise technical support and mine planning to the mine. You will generally support all Technical Services functions as the effective department second in charge.
You will also:
- Liaise with operations teams to ensure targets are delivered in accordance with the forecast
- Lead mining projects and facilitate solutions to technical and operational problems
- Act as the chief technical advisor on geological and mine planning issues to the Technical Services Manager, identifying and interpreting geological conditions in advance of planned mining activities and developing appropriate strata support designs and program to monitor and assess effectiveness to support safe and productive mine operations.
- Oversee and coordinate the development and review of hazard plans and permit to mine processes for development and longwall production areas
- Oversee gas drainage activities (UIS and SIS) and advise on technical matters and improvements to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain the mine design and scheduling processes through short, medium and long term planning, to support efficient and productive operations, including production reporting and reconciliations
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ Underground Coal mining experience
- Bachelor degree in Mining Engineering, Geology / Geotechnical or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of professionals to deliver against targets
- Astute business acumen and ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills as well as the ability to drive performance
- Experience with Autocad, XPac and MS Project
- Competencies in Gas Drainage, Strata management highly desirable
- A statutory ticket and / or VO ticket will be highly regarded
What we offer
This is a Monday to Friday position, based in Moranbah, QLD. Choose from residential living where you are home after every shift or a FIFO/DIDO lifestyle. Domestic relocation assistance is offered for this role.
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Anglo American, we promote an inclusive and diverse environment where every colleague is valued and respected for who they are and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. We encourage all suitable applicants to apply for vacancies, including women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
26 January 2021