- Part-time opportunity (0.6 FTE, 22.8 hours a week)
- Days of work (Monday to Wednesday)
- Fixed Term opportunity until March 2022.
Where can water take you?
Advancing your career will advance our community too.
Water is essential for our future. In each and every Water Corporation role, you’ll have the chance to develop a career and help the community. With a diverse mix of roles, locations and opportunities across Western Australia, we seek people who want to make a change for the better. Fresh faces wanted.
About the role:
We have an exciting permanent part-time opportunity for an Analyst – Financial Accounting & Reporting. This is a job-sharing arrangement with another analyst, where you are required to do 3 days per week (Monday to Wednesday) being 22.8 hours per week. The core function of this role is to maintain and monitor Corporation journals and reconciliations within SAP.
What the role will offer:
- Assist the Senior Analyst in preparing formal papers presented to The Board.
- Responsible for the daily bank reconciliation including posting adjusting journals, identifying misallocated funds and liaising with various people in the business.
- Undertake detailed analysis and perform monthly reviews and checking functions to ensure that all accounting records are correctly kept, balanced and reconciled.
- Identify, calculate and control balance day adjustment entries.
- Assess and determine the balance of various general ledger accounts and recommend necessary appropriations to achieve required balances.
- Enhancements to SAP and Grange system are identified and managed.
- Monitoring of acceptance of the daily Grange to SAP Interface Report.
Key skills and experience:
- Degree level qualification in commerce or business.
- Experience with and demonstrated capability in the use of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) computer system in a large commercial organisation.
- Experience in financial process and system improvements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of modern accounting practices and financial performance measurement in a large commercial organisation.
- Demonstrates highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Applications close 22nd January 2021.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.