|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be supported to grow and learn in an industry you are passionate about!
- Deliver exceptional service and tailored customer outcomes
- Manage an Agribusiness portfolio
- Based in Gawler, looking after the Barossa Region
A career that gives you more
Your career at NAB is about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper. Our Regional & Agribusiness team are looking for an experienced Business Banker to join them to manage a growing and diverse portfolio of Agribusiness SME customers.
In this role, a typical day for me will include:
- Developing and managing a portfolio of key business banking customers and referral partners
- Assessing economic value and risk potential of new business
- Educating customers about their business options and providing sound advice about risk and opportunities for growth
- Proactively calling on networks of contacts to help identify new business and referral opportunities
- Implementing initiatives to support customer acquisition in my local market
- Working with customers on their proposed annual business plans
- Preparing and submitting customer lending proposals
- Working with team members
The purpose of my role:
- As the face of NAB, first impressions do matter , and I am genuinely enthusiastic about spending quality time with my customers to deeply understand their financial needs
- I am passionate about making a positive impact in the local market
- I am passionate about helping my customers understand the risk and profitability of their business to safely and effectively achieve their desired outcomes, whilst balancing the right outcomes and risk
Experiences that will shape me:
- Connectivity to our Customer and community by engaging with charities, community groups and sporting clubs, including two paid volunteer leave days per annum
- Workplace Giving (up to $1200 per year matched through your pre-tax donations)
- Development experiences that can accelerate my performance and help me thrive under new ways of working
- Relationships that matter via collaborative and shared success with others such as product and credit partners
- Advocate for new technology to deliver innovative solutions for customers
- Continued family and support benefits, inclusive of flexible working arrangements, paid maternity/paternity leave, lifestyle benefits and health insurance discounts
Ideally tertiary qualified with an agriculture or business-related discipline, your experience as a Commercial or Agribusiness Banking Manager with a comprehensive understanding of business/commercial and farm management practices will ensure your success in managing and growing this active portfolio of clients.
Gawler is a large and historic country town and commercial centre for the Mid-North districts, containing all the relevant services, facilities, community and transport needs to support a growing region. Gawler has traditionally been the regional centre but over recent years has become a preferred location for people to live given the spread of Adelaide and the new northern expressway that has dramatically reduced travel time to Adelaide’s CBD.
Outside of Gawler there is a thriving agricultural community with established enterprises in protected cropping (Horticulture), market gardens, cereal farming, sheep and cattle farming and wine production. The world famous Barossa Valley is only a short drive from Gawler and a must for those with a taste for high quality wine and food.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. If you’re ready to explore a role at NAB, apply today!
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.