|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Business Function Overview:
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Datacenter Site Operations Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations.
The Site Operations Manager (SOM) will act as the Microsoft single point of contact for all site operations issues and escalations. The SOM will work closely with the Microsoft appointed operational partners and vendors to deliver best in class services to our online cloud services customers. As such, the SOM will act as the on-site Microsoft representative and will provide guidance and direction on all Microsoft datacenter policies, procedures, and operational requirements. Occasional regional and international travel will be required.
Core responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Technical lead for all IT queries and issues relating to site logistics, deployments and break/fix activities.
- Organize and prioritize IT tasks and projects within their data center(s).
- Develop and maintain proactive relationships with the leased facility landlord, IT service providers, and partner support teams at the datacenter.
- Planning and supervision of all supporting physical infrastructure, logistics, and resources required to provide cloud capacity to our internal customers.
- Supervision and quality control of ongoing IT maintenance support for all service lines to meet pre-defined SLAs.
- Single point of contact for incidents at their datacenters that impact Microsoft cloud services and the proactive and timely resolution of such incidents.
- Implementing and overseeing all security and compliance policies for their datacenters to ensure all local systems meet the requirements set down by Microsoft internal security and compliance teams.
- Contribute to regional and global improvement programs as required.
- Assist with the review and approval of OPEX and CAPEX budgets, spend, vendor resourcing models, and reconciliation of same.
- At least four years’ experience managing physical operations in an IT and/or Critical Environment infrastructure
- At least two years’ experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce
- Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by rhythm of the business
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Enterprise-level experience in managing large-scale and complex projects/programs
- Working knowledge of audit and compliance requirements in a large global enterprise
- Financial management experience and good business acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, data analysis, and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills
- Must be able to multi-task and project manage many tasks simultaneously
- College or university degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or equivalent experience
- CompTIA Network+ and/or CCNA Certifications
- ITIL v3 Foundation and/or Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) Certifications
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- This position requires Australian Citizenship to meet government security requirements.
- NV1/2, PV Clearance Assessment: This position will require an enhanced background check conducted through the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency. (this will be an ongoing requirement and condition of employment).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.