|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about using technology to solve some of the toughest problems facing the largest companies and government agencies around the world? Do you value the deployment of solutions into production with real world impact? Are you obsessive about the quality and consistency of the work you do in leading teams to deliver value and meeting the mission of our customers?
If so, the Project Manager position in the Microsoft Services Organization is for you!
Part leader, part mentor, and part consultant, our team of Project Managers comprises an unusual mix of project management and consulting skills, along with a passion for technology.
We are responsible for keeping the project team working on the highest priority tasks, removing risks and impediments, and leading the communication with the end customer.
As a trusted advisor to our customers, you will be responsible for the successful execution of one or more projects at a time, providing guidance, coaching, and project leadership. By mentoring and influencing, you will drive the highest quality and the strongest sense of customer focus on each project.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
- Leading one or more teams at a time to successfully deliver on customer solutions, following Microsoft’s defined delivery methodology
- Ensuring adherence to cost, schedule, and scope constraints by tracking budget and forecasts utilizing a formal Statement of Work (SOW)
- Working with the customer to manage the scope of an engagement and make adjustments throughout the course of the engagement
- Advocating adherence to industry standard processes
- Providing actionable coaching feedback to team members to foster continuous improvement in the spirit of a growth mindset
- Travel to customer sites may be required
Relevant Characteristics and Experience for the Project Manager Role:
- PMP certification with real-world experience, additional certifications are an advantage
- Experience in Agile, Scrum are an advantage
- Experienced in day to day project management including executive relationship management, staffing, milestones, cost management and deliverables
- BS or BA degree, or equivalent work experience for large scale enterprise IT solution delivery management
- 5+ years hands-on project management experience, including successful delivery of complex projects for enterprise class customers particularly in the Finance and Public Sectors
- Experience in supporting contractual & commercial management and execution
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading teams (when you lead, do people follow?)
- Passion for leading-edge tools and technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication including strong executive presence at the CXO level
- Broad understanding and experience with the Microsoft platform or equivalent
- Ability to identify risks before they occur and to develop mitigation and avoidance strategies
- Security Clearance Baseline or greater
- Consulting experience preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated self-learner
One Microsoft, One Services
Microsoft Services, with over 21,500 employees worldwide, is dedicated to delivering on Microsoft’s mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We are the voice of support services, the trusted advisor of consulting services, and the source of the world’s best enterprise strategies. Simply put, Services helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us as a Project Manager and be one who empowers billions!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/default.mspx
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.