At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia.
Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
About the Role
This position is a site-based role working with mining and infrastructure teams to deliver projects. Reporting to the Superintendent Mining Services, you will play an integral role by:
- Identifying and implementing cultural and process improvement initiatives within the team/operation
- Ensuring that risk in the plan or designs are proactively identified, mitigated and where required adequately controlled
- Overseeing the implementation and ongoing governance of key standard operating procedures
- Coaching and mentoring our Mining Engineers
- Delivering infrastructure projects in a timely manner to support the mine expansion and ongoing operations
- Driving our safety culture through quality field leadership
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering (or related discipline)
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills to influence stakeholders
- Experience in Project Management or Mine Planning
- Mine planning software skills ( Deswik), are desirable not essential
- Sound communication and presentations skills. Demonstrated oral and written English language proficiency
Nickel West Mt Keith is located 460 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in the Northern Goldfields. Nickel West Mt Keith is a surface mining operation with multiple open pits and a concentrator plant. The operation is surrounded by pastoral stations, with the nearest townships being Leinster and Wiluna. There’s plenty to keep you entertained in the Mt Keith Village. Take the heat off the day and head to the pool – or join in any number of social activities. Employees commute to and from Perth on a fly in / fly out roster or form regional areas on a drive in / drive out roster.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
At BHP, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
Reference Number – 32557
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia