|Job Type:||Full Time|
It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
Our collaborative and safe work environment allows you to develop and expand your expertise in an industry that’s constantly evolving. We’re committed to equal opportunity and providing a flexible work life balance that empowers you to work smarter and supports your career growth.
Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
This is a full-time twelve (12) month maximum term opportunity at our Jandakot Prinsep Road Depot.
About the Role:
The purpose of this position is to prepare, plan and coordinate complex work schedules within budget and time constraints for project and maintenance activities.
The position will be responsible for the creation of daily team/resource execution packages inclusive of work breakdown structures and Gantt charts. Which will readily enable the scheduler to schedule all work included in the package via the scheduling tool.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- Relevant tertiary or Trade based qualifications with electrical back ground preferred
- A Certificate III electrical line building or a minimum of 10 years extensive and demonstrated industry construction electrical line building and scheduling back ground
- Sound Distribution and/or Transmission experiences with an astute knowledge of the entire network and assets and the requirements for scoping and scheduling work
- In depth knowledge of Distribution Network assets and construction work practices
- Experience with Western Power or equivalent management systems Cognos, Ellipse, WSMS, Spidaweb, etc.
- Ability to organise people and resources toward the effective and efficient pursuit of predetermined goals and objectives both operationally and strategically
- Strong communication, presentation skills and interpersonal skills. Complimented by a desire to develop influencing/negotiation skills
- A desire to implement change and innovation, internally and via contract arrangements
- Strong experience with Microsoft office suite and project management systems are essential
- Valid WA Driver’s License Class ‘C’ or ‘C-A’
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 29 January 2021