|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Business partner and develop a deep understanding of store operations
- Provide valuable commercial and financial support
- Be part of a highly collaborative and fun team
At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it, we breathe it. Woolworths offers real opportunities for career development, for those who love food and putting a smile on a customer’s face.
So if you’re someone who leads by example and strives to be better every day, then we would love to hear from you. This is a key role within the Food Group Finance team with genuine business partnering opportunities and contribution to the broader finance strategy
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our Supermarkets Productivity Finance team.
You will be responsible for providing reporting and analysis of productivity results and total employee costs for total supermarkets, as well as providing insightful analysis and decision support to the operations team and state finance teams.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Review employee costs results on a weekly and monthly basis
- Provide insightful analysis and clear commentary by working with the operations team and state teams on key drivers for performance trends
- Partner with the state finance teams and wider national finance team to consolidate accurate forecasting for weekly outlooks, forecasts, budgeting and strategic planning processes as well as identify possible opportunities and risks
- Supporting ad-hoc projects/requests which are a significant portion of the role as well as being able to pivot quickly across multiple projects/requests to deliver in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to improve productivity results
- Partner with stakeholders to develop workable action plans in relation to adverse trends
- Identify and implement opportunities that improve processes across the Food Group Finance team
You will ideally have had multinational FMCG experience and supported operations teams across a national retail environment.
- Finance related degree with a professional qualification preferred (CPA/CA/CIMA equivalent)
- Proven experience in leading forecasting and budgeting process
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Agile mindset with high levels of adaptability
- Ability to work with multiple sources of data to provide meaningful insights for business decisions
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability in building strong relationships with stakeholders
- Strong systems experience (SAP, TM1, AFO, WBI preferred) and advanced excel/modelling skills
- Knowledge of the accounting and payroll process for wages and labour would be desirable
- Knowledge of supermarket operations or experience in a fast paced retail environment is desirable
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.