|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join an encouraging leadership group, committed to your growth and development
- People’s bucket list is your backyard – Live in Weipa!
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for Mining Supervisors to lead a large team of mine operators to ensure safety, people and production targets are met.
Leading on the frontline is one of the most important jobs in our business and comes with a huge amount of responsibility. We need you to motivate, inspire and keep your people safe and well.
With signature leadership training programmes, growing and developing is more than an opportunity – it is something we actively plan and make happen. Every day our leaders grow, while our rosters are designed to help you live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family.
This is a great opportunity for a people leader, who has a strong focus on safety and driving cultural change. Reporting to the Northern Operations Development Superintendent, you will be:
- Providing visible leadership and driving the safety culture;
- Continually developing and upskilling team members;
- Participating in the measuring, analysing and recommendation of process improvements;
- Leading by example, communicating effectively and ensuring values of the business are adhered to;
- Coordinating all production activities through efficient use of fixed plant assets;
- Monitoring performance of the shift production targets and taking appropriate action to maintain the production requirements.
What you will bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Leadership experience within a mining environment or similar
- A competent understanding of mobile plant equipment
- Ability to work with and lead a diverse workforce.
- Strong communication skills along with the ability to work in a team environment
- Commitment to “The way we work”
- Strong interpersonal skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- A 'C' class driver’s license
- Computer literacy, including exposure to Microsoft Word, Excel
What we offer
- Weipa accommodation benefit
- Five weeks annual leave
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years. Over the years, it has developed into a vibrant and diverse cultural hub of the Western Cape. Weipa offers a coastal community rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage that provides families with opportunities to participate in leisure activities, sports and community events. With a strong sense of community, the region has plenty of natural beauty to offer including the opportunities for boating, fishing, camping and exploring. Construction of the Amrun mining operation, located 40 kilometres southwest of Weipa, was completed in late 2018 expanding our bauxite operations to continue production from one of the world’s premier bauxite deposits.
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
Advert closes - 19 January 2021