|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Be part of our culturally diverse teams
- Work within highly skilled Operations teams
- Various FIFO days only or day & night shift rosters across our Pilbara sites
About the role
We are seeking Expressions of Interests (EOI’s) for ongoing opportunities for Fixed Plant Operators who are interested in joining our Fixed Plant Operations/Production teams across our various Pilbara sites. FIFO is available from Perth or some regional areas depending on the site.
The roles will require you to:
- Operate, carry out routine inspections and maintain the condition of the dry/wet plants
- Demonstrate commitment to safety daily
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out basic fault find and diagnosis
- Work individually or in a team environment and contribute to daily targets
- Conduct routine activities to ensure safe and reliable operation of our area assets
- Conduct manual handling associated with basic maintenance and inspection of the plant
- Work in a field role, monitoring of equipment, cleaning, hosing and identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Operate mobile plant equipment as required by your leader
- Working autonomously to monitor the process in a safe and effective manner
To be successfully considered for this role, we are seeking the following:
- An Australian C Class manual Driver's Licence
- Demonstrated experience operating fixed plant
- Experience operating mobile plant equipment (desirable)
- Current Confined Space and Working at Heights certificates (desirable)
- High Risk Work Licence – EWP, RI, LF (desirable)
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Ability to work safely and cooperatively in a small team, demonstrating flexibility to business requirements
Where you will be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise.
What’s on offer?
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life. Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly In and Fly Out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process. So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now. If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.