|Job Type:||Full Time|
Electrical Maintainer – Site Services
- Work for a global mining organisation with an exceptional safety culture
- Great opportunity to join a dynamic maintenance team in an iconic organisation
- FIFO roster ex Perth – 8 days on 6 days off - Yandicoogina
About the Role
We are looking for an Electrical Maintainer who will be responsible for carrying out inspections, scheduled maintenance and breakdown maintenance to various Site infrastructure and assets within the Yandicoogina surrounding region.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, Site Services and working 8 days on, 6 days off FIFO roster ex-Perth the assets that fall under Site Services include:
- Execute scheduled work plans and unplanned or/and breakdown work on Site Low Voltage electrical distribution, potable water chlorination systems and dewatering electrical assets.
- Ensure compliance to all Statutory Electrical Regulations and Australian Standards
- Promote electrical awareness and perform work in line with the RTIO electrical safe work practice
- Recommend improvements for existing processes and methods
- Record electrical installation and maintenance work in the Mine Site Log book to ensure compliance
- Complete Job Hazard Assessments, Take 5 and Critical Risk Management safety procedures
- Provide electrical support to refrigeration mechanics and water services team members
What do you need to have?
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Understanding of RTIO safety systems and demonstrated strong health & safety performance.
- Western Australian A Grade Electrical Workers Licence
- Background in industrial electrical maintenance
- Western Australian C class driver's licence
- Very customer focussed with a collaborative approach
- A high-quality work standard and work ethic
- Strong understanding of SAP to raise notifications, complete time confirmations and enter reliability and maintenance activity information.
- Experience in the maintenance of PLCs and Citect systems
- Understanding of water treatment systems
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and SAP
- Western Australian Heavy Rigid driver's licence
- High Risk Work Licences in LF, EWP, CV, DG, RG, C6
- Certificate III in Water Management
Where you will be working
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
What’s on offer?
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- Career development and education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications for this role will close on 24/01/2021, however we do reserve the right to close the role earlier.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. You may also be required to complete on-line assessments as part of the selection process.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
All progress begins with pioneers – at Rio Tinto it begins with you.