|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's national Geotechnical Services team provide integrated environmental, hydrogeological and geotechnical engineering consulting services to a wide range of private and public sector clients working on infrastructure and developments across Australia. Due to a strong project pipeline, we are looking to recruit a Principal / Senior Principal Geotechnical Engineer with the aim to continue to grow technical capability across the Asia Pacific region. This role is based out of our Brisbane office, however has the option to be based in Brisbane, Mackay, Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast.
With Cardno's "Work Your Way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way you work to deliver the best outcomes for you, your team, our clients and Cardno.
We are looking for someone to be 'hands-on' with project delivery, including: preparation and review of proposals and technical reports, technical analyses, fieldwork and manage a number of concurrent projects. Other responsibilities include:
- Work on a wide range of projects which will include mining infrastructure, land development, roads, rail, bridges and pipelines
- Preferred high level design and modelling experience and history of a pragmatic approach to pavements and dam design and construction
- Contribute to a diverse range of projects from inception to completion
- Strong business acumen to manage projects commercially and to create meaningful relationships with clients is essential
- Undertake fieldwork where necessary, with the main focus on training and mentoring junior staff
- Undertake geotechnical analyses, modelling and design in areas such as slope stability, seepage, pavements, foundations, retaining walls and excavation design
- Strong track record in delivery of projects; ensuring work outputs are of a high technical standard, on time and on budget
- Work with a wide variety of experienced professionals in a multi-disciplinary international consulting services company
To be successful you will have-
- Minimum of 15+ years' hands on experience with tertiary qualifications in engineering or geology and ideally have worked within a consultancy environment
- RPEQ registration considered essential to the role
- Road infrastructure (including DTMR projects), Railways, Land development and mining
- Demonstrated experience in project management, people management and client liaison as this will be a key element of the position
- PNG and overseas experience would be preferred
- Have excellent report writing and communication skills and demonstrated experience delivering projects across a range of industry sectors
- Must have an excellent attitude and be capable of working within a dynamic environment and have experience leading and developing junior staff
- Well-developed creative and problem solving skills and excellent technical ability
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance-based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.