|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides contract mining and asset services to customers in the resource sector. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Our Eliwana operation is a brand new, Greenfields Project based in the Pilbara. We have an immediate requirement for qualified Dump Truck Trainer Assessors to join on a 4 month contract. 7:7 roster FIFO Perth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Trainer Assessor, you will be responsible for mentoring and training people in the safe and productive operation of mobile plant (MT4400 and CAT 785) Trucks equipment. Duties include:
- Upskilling current operators
- Training new operators in effective operation of mobile equipment
- Risk management with safety of trainee's as your highest priority
- Co ordinating and training with consideration given to minimising the impact on production
- Conducting theory and practical assessments;
- Development of training packages as required;
To be considered for this position you must have;
- Previous experience with Conducting Training & Assessment on large earthmoving equipment, specifically MT4400 and CAT 785 Trucks.
- Minimum of Cert IV in Training & Assessment
- High risk tickets - Forklift, Working at Heights, Confined space; Advantageous
- Cert 3 in Metalliferous Mining or Surface Extraction is desirable
- Excellent operational skills & knowledge of the machines
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on developing effective relationships and team building;
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive hourly rate
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
The role is FIFO Perth on a 7 Day on 7 day off roster. The role is offered on an initial 4 month contract basis.
At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear, and we are committed to Zero Harm.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your current resume to this application. For any queries or help with your application please contact Patrick Hardie on Patrick.email@example.com
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.