|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are seeking an Accounting Professional for the role of Management Accountant to support our operations within our Asset Services Business Unit. The role can be based in Perth or Brisbane.
Committed to drive continuous improvement, innovative, cost effective process solutions and growth, the successful candidate will join a well-developed, highly interactive team. Focusing on procedures and controls to enable accurate, timely and reliable accounting decisions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Delivery of accurate month end reporting and associated month end processing
- Analysis of financial and operational performance, seeking to identify opportunities for improvement
- Providing accounting guidance to the business including compliance with relevant accounting standards
- Support the business with financial requests (purchase orders, weekly payment reviews, labour/expenditure costs and associated issues)
- Preparation of divisional reporting, budgeting and forecasting to provide analysis on variances and ensuring actions are realised and managed;
- Obtaining data and analysis required for monthly and quarterly reviews/forecasts and assist with the cash flow forecast and reporting;
- Capable of working autonomously while promoting open, collaborative communication to support your non-financial colleagues in their day to day operations.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting
- Working towards CPA/CA accreditation would be advantageous
- 2+ years’ experience as a Management Accountant, preferably in Project Accounting, Mining and/or Construction Industry
- Ability to confidently work with the Project Team to provide financial insight critical to decision-making
- Excellent attention to detail, planning and analytical ability to forecast and budget
- Ability to prepared monthly journals, complete eom reporting and reconciliations
- Excellent time management skills to manage multiple tasks with conflicting/strict deadlines
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel)
- Experience in JDE Global Solution desirable
- Excellent communication skills to build positive internal and external working relationships
- High levels of self-discipline, self-motivation, energy and initiative
WHAT WE OFFER
- A supportive and dynamic team
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunity to build a professional career in a multi-disciplined business
Downer is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture where they encourage females and indigenous people to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this great opportunity please click the APPLY button.
Please email email@example.com for further information. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.