|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's Geosciences team provides strategic and practical solutions to clients with environmental management challenges. Based in either Brisbane or Mackay and reporting to the Contaminated Land Team Leader, you will be responsible for contributing to the contaminated land and waste services work stream. This will include actively pursuing contaminated land and waste management projects and contributing to the overall strategic goals of the business unit. With Cardno's "Work Your Way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way you work to deliver the best outcomes for you, our clients, Cardno and your team.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Undertaking preliminary and detailed contaminated land assessments, preparing site management plans and remediation action plans
- Managing projects of moderate complexity
- Preparation and negotiation of bids and fee proposals
- Engaging with clients and other disciplinary teams to determine innovative solutions to complex environmental problems
- Provision of commercial oversight to projects to ensure favourable financial results
- Ensuring Cardno's commitment to Zero Harm is maintained
To be successful you will have-
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Engineering/Hydrogeology or Geology
- Demonstrated experience in contaminated land with significant exposure to a wide range of environmental and engineering situations
- We also have interest in hearing from applicants who have experience in one or several of the following areas:
- water quality assessment (groundwater, surface water, waste water, irrigation),
- acid sulphate soils and acid mine drainage,
- landfill assessment and management,
- ERA licencing, and compliance monitoring/reporting
- Strong knowledge of the contaminated land provisions within QLD planning and environmental legislation
- Well-developed report writing skills
- Strong business acumen to manage projects commercially and to create meaningful relationships with clients
- Demonstrated skills and capabilities in leadership
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance-based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.