|Job Type:||Full Time|
Exciting opportunity due to internal promotion. Drive renewables and sustainability initiatives. Support teams to safely deliver projects for QLD’s HV transmission network.
- Play a key role in enabling renewable energy projects
- Training and development for career growth
- Flexible working arrangements within a supportive team
As an HSE Advisor with Powerlink, you will work within a multi-disciplinary HSE Team and be responsible for providing specialist advice, coaching, mentoring and monitoring on HSE matters to all areas of the business. In particular, you will have a strong environmental focus to support Powerlink’s renewable energy connection projects and other work throughout Queensland.
What you will do
- Provide internal stakeholders and external contractors with timely information and advice on best practice environmental management (including identification of statutory environmental requirements and obtain environmental approvals) and safety practices.
- Support the delivery of large scale construction projects and maintenance activities by providing a range of HSE services and environmental guidance.
- Assist in the identification, assessment and management of Health, Safety & Environmental risks and controls.
- Implement audit and inspection functions to provide technically robust and cost-effective recommendations and solutions.
- Provide high quality inputs towards the ongoing development and maintenance of the Powerlink HSE Management Systems.
What you will need to be successful
With a customer-oriented approach and a high level of attention-to-detail, you are able to influence, mentor and train a variety of key stakeholders on elements of environmental management, applying your previous success operating in a similar role within a relevant industry.
Ideally, you have supported greenfield construction projects, preferably in the area of linear infrastructure, combined with experience in the preparation of environmental approvals in Queensland and the development of tender documents.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Environment, HSE or similar discipline.
- C-Class driver’s licence.
- Internal audit qualifications and experience in delivering formal HSE audits.
- Understanding of environmental approvals and permits processes.
- Ability to be pro-active and effectively communicate to all levels of management.
To take advantage of one of this fantastic opportunity, simply click "apply" and follow the prompts, submitting your resume and a cover letter.
Applications close on Sunday, 24th January 2021 at 11:59pm.
Please contact our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the opportunity.
Powerlink and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
At Powerlink, we are an equal opportunity employer and proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.