|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about the Built Environment, Defence, Energy, Transport and Water, and shaping a sustainable future for our communities?
Our Australian Capital Territory and New South Wales team is seeking an experienced construction consultancy professional for the role of Defence Sector Lead.
We are a uniquely diverse global management, engineering and development consultancy that offers a range of opportunities to work with expert practitioners on expansive and challenging projects globally and across Australia.
Working within the Defence sector of our Advisory business and alongside the National Defence Leader, this is a highly responsible role where you will be required to lead the development and delivery of complex projects and contribute to the overall growth of the Defence practice in the region whilst working collaboratively with clients, partners and stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Leadership of the Defence sector within Victoria and Tasmania (across our Design and Advisory businesses)
* Client engagement activities with key defence clients and partners, particularly in Canberra
* Opportunity management, pursuit planning and defence submission writing
* Key leadership roles delivering Defence projects
* Resource management and forecasting for the Defence portfolio
* Working with Sector leads to pursue and deliver Defence projects
* Manage risk and commercial performance of Defence projects within ACT and NSW
* Development of digital solutions with our Digital Advisory team alongside our key clients
* Engagement and an integral member of the national Defence sector team
* Ensure effective debrief and closeout occurs on defence projects with key internal and external stakeholders
* Be prepared to travel for short durations to Defence Bases in cities and regional locations across NSW and possibility interstate as required to carry out the role
Projects/ Workload that candidate will be involved in:
* Engaging with industry partners, clients and stakeholders
* Championing the growth of the Defence team in NSW
* Upcoming Defence projects in ACT, NSW and other states as required
* Projects across other sectors (Transport, Built Environment) as required
The ideal candidate will need to be self-motivated, driven and have a strong track record of delivering major projects, demonstrating flexibility and a wide breadth of knowledge within the Defence sector. Strong communication, interpersonal skills and a commercial acumen are required to ensure success, as this role will involve high-level stakeholder engagement.
Also, significant experience in managing public-facing projects and programmes subject to high levels of financial (value for money) and technical scrutiny would be highly beneficial
A current Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) clearance (preferable) or ability to obtain immediately is required for this role to a minimum of Baseline level. See: https://beta.defence.gov.au/security/clearances for more details.
The candidate will also hold either a Tertiary engineering qualification or an Australian Institute of Project Management Registration. Other qualifications will be considered but a background in Project management or Engineering is essential.
We offer you all the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, on-going professional support, and career development in an environment where initiative and hard work is rewarded. We aim to develop a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
There's no time like the present to make a change.