|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's growing Transport team is currently seeking a senior professional to lead our Transport Planning area to empower and grow our Transport Advisory team, based in our global headquarters in Fortitude Valley. With a passion for shaping transport planning outcomes, you will be involved hands on with the technical assessment and documentation for projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive global organisation, with a supportive and inclusive team culture.
Our Fortitude Valley office is conveniently located within a few minutes' walk to the train station and secure parking. We are surrounded by cafes and restaurants in the bustling King Street precinct and our modern office is state of the art with natural lighting and greenery throughout. With Cardno's "Work Your Way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way you work to deliver the best outcomes for you, your team, our clients and Cardno.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Work with experienced teams delivering a variety of transport planning projects
- Support the team as a transport planning technical specialist
- Work on a diverse range of projects including precinct master planning, transport and traffic operations, network studies and transport infrastructure planning
- Prepare transport planning and multi-disciplinary proposals and feasibility studies
- Provide technical guidance with regards to transport planning and engineering solutions for our clients and contractors.
- Support of stakeholders and clients throughout proposals and projects
- Advise in relation to compliance with regulatory requirements, innovative solutions and industry guidelines
- Manage projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget meeting all deliverable requirements
- Implement and comply with Cardno's Quality Management system
- Collaborate with multi-discipline teams and work with an energetic and motivated team of professionals in a supportive and encouraging environment
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or related discipline (ideally with a Traffic/Transport major)
- Demonstrated 10+ years' experience, preferably within a transport infrastructure project environment (with specific exposure to roads and highways)
- Experience with Australian major transport authorities including Department of Transport & Main Roads
- An in-depth knowledge of industry practice, local TMR Standards and other road planning and assessment standards
- Experience in the business case process with local and state government agencies
- A commercial commitment to complete projects on time and within budget
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivation and the desire to drive projects forward to success
- Strong communication and report writing skills to confidently represent Cardno to clients and stakeholders
- A client service focus with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in team environments
- Technical knowledge, and knowledge of standards, guidelines, current trends and legislation in order to deliver innovative and practical transport solutions
- Ability to work autonomously, research and formulate ideas, analyse options and make recommendations
- An awareness of data sources and analytics to support transport planning decision making
- Pro-active, team focussed approach
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.