|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Strategic and tactical leadership opportunity
- Interested in helping to transform approaches to modelling?
- Want to coach and mentor a diverse team covering an array of portfolios?
At Transport, we’re passionate about making NSW a better place to live, work and visit. Our vision is to give everyone the freedom to choose how and when they get around, no matter where they live. Right now, we’re delivering a $57.5bn program – the largest Australia has ever seen – to keep people and goods moving, connect communities and shape the future of our cities, centres and regions.
Advanced Analytics and Insights
We are a trusted partner to our clients, within Customer Strategy and Technology, developing and delivering smart, integrated and sustainable data and analytics solutions which enable evidence-driven decisions to benefit our customers and communities.
Lead a diverse portfolio and team of staff and contract resources where required, dedicated to the achievement of an integrated set of cluster, divisional and branch strategic priorities through the proactive delivery and development of Transport operational and strategic models, land use and strategic forecasts and advice.
To view the role description, please click here
- Continue to build and grow the transport modelling and forecasting teams across operational, strategic and land use whilst introducing a new operating model to the cluster through service delivery provision.
- Partner with stakeholders to understand upcoming project and priority needs and proactively manage the demand for forecasts and models, collaborating on the introduction of increased data driven decision stage gates throughout the process.
- Ensure projections and assumptions used in modelling practices are able to withstand the scrutiny of cross-government standards and accepted as Common Planning Assumptions.
- Ensure model application, model algorithms, assumptions and inputs into forecasts are appropriately used, able to withstand external audits and potential litigation claims.
- Ensure assurance practices are robust and consistently applied across model development, land use, operational and strategic forecasts.
- Migrate existing modeling practices to more contemporary approaches that see forecasters and analysts becoming involved earlier in the process
- Lead the transformation of model, algorithm and scenario development in transport forecasting by using new and activity-based techniques
- Act as a thought leader, remaining abreast of current and emerging planning issues and trends, including domestic and international best practice, innovative approaches and opportunities to support the achievements of the business objectives.
You’re a collaborative and talented leader of people with a strong background in forecasting and model development. You demonstrate stakeholder engagement expertise, decisiveness, and the drive to get things done. Engaging and energetic, you excel in communication and presentation and have proven experience in leading and developing teams in a complex customer centric environment.
- Expert level experience in operational, strategic and transport forecasting and model development.
- Deep understanding of strategic and operational modelling tools and their interlocks and applications.
- Experience with scenario modelling, simulations and application of economic trends, customer behaviours and future intentions to create these.
- Demonstrated experience in influence significant investment decisions using modelled outcomes and overlaying economic and customer impacts as evidence to support this.
- Good applied statistics skills to support statistical testing and regression.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent demonstrated experience.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please email the contact person for this role.
Salary and Benefits
This is a TSSE 1B level role with a salary range of $220,816 - $274,700.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your applications by hitting the 'apply now' link, include your resume and respond to the questions outlined during the application process.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
For any enquiries, please contact Bryce Sait –email@example.com