|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Leadership opportunity with significant autonomy
- Interested in implementing substantial change?
- Want to coach and mentor a diverse team covering an array of portfolios?
At Transport, we’re passionate about making NSW a better place to live, work and visit. Our vision is to give everyone the freedom to choose how and when they get around, no matter where they live. Right now, we’re delivering a $57.5bn program – the largest Australia has ever seen – to keep people and goods moving, connect communities and shape the future of our cities, centres and regions.
Advanced Analytics and Insights
We are a trusted partner to our clients, within Customer Strategy and Technology, developing and delivering smart, integrated and sustainable data and analytics solutions which enable evidence-driven decisions to benefit our customers and communities.
This role will lead a diverse portfolio and team of staff and contract resources where required, dedicated to the achievement of an integrated set of clusters, divisional and branch strategic priorities and outcomes covering the portfolios of data governance, data management, enterprise data stewardship and data optimization. The team develops, delivers and manages best practice data governance and management standards and ensures compliance to deliver secure and reliable data systems. The role is responsible for enterprise data governance and management ensuring that there is a capability uplift across the cluster.
To veiw the role description, please click here
- Lead the development and implementation of effective and reliable data governance and management frameworks, and elements that reflect best practice standards and meet specific data requirements.
- Develop Data Governance strategy and corresponding roadmap needed to deliver on a capability uplift across the cluster, secure relevant funding and resources required
- Lead the tooling strategy for Data Management including the procurement of relevant tools to enable an uplift in data management practices across the cluster
- Collaborate with other key data leaders across the enterprise to leverage pockets of excellence across the cluster to develop, deliver and embed data governance as a key priority
- Establish and lead enterprise data governance forums to oversee development and endorsement of key frameworks and standards, review and monitor data governance and management framework adoption
- Define and develop standards of data elements to ensure that information management solutions are delivered and managed in accordance with organisational and operational imperatives, NSW Government directions, legislation, policies and reporting requirements.
- Lead and manage consultations with business managers
- Act as a thought leader, remaining abreast of current and emerging planning issues and trends, including domestic and international best practice, innovative approaches and opportunities to support the achievements of the business objectives, acting as the representative for TfNSW in Data Governance matters
- Model collegiate and collaborative behaviors to achieve the greater good for the community, celebrate a diverse workforce, create an environment where people can innovate and thrive, and support people’s wellbeing.
You’re a collaborative and talented leader of people with a strong background in data governance and the ability to build excellent relationships. You demonstrate stakeholder engagement expertise, decisiveness, and the drive to get things done. Engaging and energetic, you excel in communication and presentation and have proven experience in leading and developing teams in a complex customer centric environment.
- Extensive experience in developing, implementing and reviewing data Governance policies and data frameworks, in a complex operating environment.
- Effective leadership experience in developing and lead Data Governance Strategy in a large, complex organisation.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent demonstrated experience.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please email the contact person for this role.
Salary and Benefits
This is a level 1B role with a salary range of $220,816 – $274,700. For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your applications by hitting the 'apply now' link, include your resume and respond to the questions outlined during the application process.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
For any enquiries, please contact Bryce Sait –email@example.com
Applications close: 11.59 27 January 2021