|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Do you want to play a critical part in driving the development of our Data and Analytics strategy?
- Do you have the ability to be an ambassador for the delivery of large scale, data-driven change?
- Want to coach and mentor a diverse team covering an array of portfolios?
At Transport, we’re passionate about making NSW a better place to live, work and visit. Our vision is to give everyone the freedom to choose how and when they get around, no matter where they live. Right now, we’re delivering a $57.5bn program – the largest Australia has ever seen – to keep people and goods moving, connect communities and shape the future of our cities, centres and regions.
Advanced Analytics and Insights
We are a trusted partner to our clients, within Customer Strategy and Technology, developing and delivering smart, integrated and sustainable data and analytics solutions which enable evidence-driven decisions to benefit our customers and communities.
This role will lead a diverse portfolio and team of staff and contract resources where required, dedicated to the achievement of an integrated set of cluster, divisional and branch strategic priorities and outcomes covering the portfolios of business and stakeholder engagement, program management, agile, customer insights, open data, research solutions, change management, communications and capability development
To view a copy of the role description, please click here
- Establish and lead the branch’s business engagement and strategy capability, associated policies and systems; manage and report on team performance and compliance to enable the cluster to deliver its objectives within legal, statutory, public service and ethical obligations
- Coach and mentor a diverse team of professionals covering an array of unique yet integrated portfolios; set a clear vision, purpose, and set of strategic priorities and outcomes that must be delivered collaboratively in a complex matrix environment
- Lead the development and subsequent management of the ‘rapid response’ model, to drive improved service delivery and to enable the forging of hub and spoke links between the branch and divisions that constitute Evolving Transport.
- Stand up ‘front door’ teams that play an important role in working side by side with the business to deliver their data and research needs, whilst building and nurturing key external relationships with universities and other 3rd parties of strategic value to the cluster
- Establish and lead a transformation office like capability, charged with the responsibility of working with key stakeholders cluster wide, to deliver data and insight informed change, improvement and data literacy capability uplift
- Lead the development, installation and ongoing management of use cases for the business, and run the cluster wide council that will be used to current and future state use cases as they are developed, continue to mature and pivot in line with the changing needs of the organisation
- Act as a thought leader, remaining abreast of current and emerging planning issues and trends, including domestic and international best practice, innovative approaches and opportunities to support the achievements of the business objectives.
- Model collegiate and collaborative behaviours to achieve the greater good for the community, celebrate a diverse workforce, create an environment where people can innovate and thrive, and support people’s wellbeing.
You’re a collaborative and talented leader of people with a strong technical background in analytics and insights and the ability to build excellent relationships. You demonstrate stakeholder engagement expertise, decisiveness, and the drive to get things done. Engaging and energetic, you excel in communication and presentation and have proven experience in leading and developing teams in a complex customer centric environment.
- Track record of delivering large scale analytics and insights orientated transformation programs
- Experience in leading diverse and multi portfolio-based teams that must deliver integrated outcomes in a matrix and resource constrained environment
- Expert level skills in advanced analytics and insights, with an emphasis on data, research solutions and service delivery
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent demonstrated experience.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please email the contact person for this role.
Salary and Benefits
This is a level 1B role with a salary range of $220,816 – $274,700. For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your applications by hitting the 'apply now' link, include your resume and respond to the questions outlined during the application process.
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
For any enquiries, please contact Bryce Sait –email@example.com
Applications close: 11.59 27 January 2021