|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's Construction Services team has an enviable track record of working on some of Queensland's largest and most complex infrastructure projects. Our team of technical specialists have an established reputation in the industry for its' utilities expertise and have developed a strong pipeline of work. We are now looking at growing our team with the appointment of a Utilities Designer / Senior Utilities Designer to be based out of our global headquarters in Fortitude Valley. With Cardno's "Work Your Way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way you work to deliver the best outcomes for you, your team, our clients and Cardno.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Undertaking 12D modelling, design and drafting of existing and proposed utilities for small and large scale infrastructure projects
- Completion of designs and drawings to relevant standards and methods, ensuring drafting documentation is in accordance to quality procedures
- Development of utilities input to infrastructure BIM systems
- Participate in project delivery and ensure work output is of a technically high standard and within time and cost budget allocations
- Liaising with clients if necessary to develop practical and commercial solutions to projects
- Provision of ad hoc support to other project teams including civils and highways
- Ensuring processes comply with Cardno's Quality Management system
- Commitment to application of work health and safety principals to maintain Cardno's commitment to Zero Harm
To be successful you will display:
- Advanced skills using 12D and AutoCAD software as well as other CAD packages
- Demonstrated experience in the coordination and modelling of public utilities preferred
- Demonstrated experience in detailed design and drafting of water and sewer pipelines and/or other public utility preferred
- Strong knowledge of engineering drawing techniques and relevant design standards
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with clients and fellow team members
- Well-developed problem-solving skills
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance-based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.