|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role:
We are looking for a Caseworker with a "can do attitude" to join our fast paced and friendly Permanency Support Program (PSP, Previously OOHC) team in North Parramatta.
You will be responsible for providing case management and case coordination; to children and young people in out of home care, their carers and the child/young persons birth family.
As a Caseworker, you'll play a vital role in supporting the restoration of those in Out of Home Care to their birth family; from developing and implementing a restoration plan and monitoring birth family progress to referring birth families to appropriate support services and interviewing and discussing issues with families to assess needs and determine a course of action.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (minimum Diploma) and minimum 2 years of working in an equivalent position in the community sector
- Demonstrated casework/case management skills
- Experience in managing challenging situations within a strengths-based approach
- Demonstrated engagement, interpersonal, negotiation, mediation, consultation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated assessment and analytical skills
- Sound knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent behaviour and development
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours to meet service user needs (as directed and required)
- Current driver’s licence, and willingness to transport families and children
- Current NSW Working with children`s check.
Benefits & Culture
We work together to ensure that every employee can be the best they can be. We value you and will support you in your life and in your career by:
- Offering ongoing training and mentoring so you can continue to improve and learn new skills
- Ensuring a family friendly workplace and flexible working hours
- An accessible employee assistance program to support your well-being
If you feel you have the passion and ability to make a real difference then please apply now.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Checks