|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Product: Exchange, Exchange Online, Outlook
Support Engineer is a key resource who will have the opportunity to solve technically complex problems for some of the world’s largest companies, as well as smaller companies on the leading edge of their industry. You can be part of world-class enterprise service delivery team, and have contribution to the success of the customer’s perception of value to the Microsoft solution.
Microsoft Exchange is the most popular enterprise email system in the world. Exchange Online in O365 service boundary provides flexible and reliable service for all kinds of customer scale. In this team, you will not only access the completed enterprise environment, but also the wonderful Cloud world. Exchange Support Engineer will provide high quality technical support of Exchange Server, Office 365 Exchange Online, and Outlook to the Premier Public Sector customers from ANZ with unique security requirements. Exchange Support Engineer also needs to support Messaging Hybrid environment including mixed Microsoft Office 365 Cloud and traditional On-Premise solution.
At Microsoft CSS Supporting Engineering, the sentence: “That’s not our problem” doesn’t exist in our lexicon. The Support Engineer need to manage both customer relationships and the technical resolution of customer’s requests, deliver high quality CPE through timely response, resolution, interpersonal collaboration and execution.
- Provide the technical support to premier Public Sector customers from ANZ with unique security requirements, covers Exchange, Exchange Online and Outlook.
- Aligning with Customer’s business time, represent Microsoft and communicate with customers via telephone, written correspondence, electronic service in a timely manner according to the service level agreement.
- Use trace analysis, source code and other sophisticated tools to troubleshoot the problem and develop quick and accurate solutions to the customers’ problems. Be responsible and meet all follow up commitments made with customers.
- Manage the healthy progress of service requests. Ensure escalating to senior and escalation resources at the right time with the right information.
- Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues.
- Effectively manage relationships with customers, Incident Managers and Technical Account Managers, while ensuring high customer satisfaction of the overall service experiences.
- Compliance with the service operation processes for execution excellence.
* Bachelor's or postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. Experiences with Technical Support is desired.
* Solid English written and verbal communication skills
* Solid understanding of standard computers, Windows Servers, Active Directory and networking concepts.
* Be familiar with firewalls/hardware load balancer, reverse proxy (SNAT&DNAT) and PKI system configuration (Certificate/SSL/TLS) and related troubleshooting tools.
* Experience with Exchange server, ADFS or Cloud service is a plus.
* Programming Language in one of the following: C# or C++, Java, Jscript is a plus.
* High responsibility for self and others. Be able to work under high pressure and challenging.
* Good communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.