|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re on the hunt for a Network Inspector to join our Asset Management team in Timaru, you’ll be the eyes and ears of the network for the South Canterbury region.
This means you’ll be responsible for identifying and logging defects of network assets. You’ll also assist in preparing the maintenance programmes and provide support to our Maintenance team.
About the role
As our Network Inspector you will be inspecting road corridor assets, record all faults defects and propose suitable solutions. You speak all things roading from pot holes to pavements. You will be:
- Ensuring all operations meet Health & Safety requirements.
- Identifying risks and make corrective actions where required
- Auditing completed work by own crews and third party contractors with a focus on quality
- Assisting in the development of maintenance programmes
- Ensuring project operations achieve a superior level of safety performance
- Providing support to field staff on field programming tools such as Pocket RAMM.
You’ll need to have a proven track record in assisting in the development of maintenance programmes through field inspections plus have:
- An organised and systematic approach to working environment
- A positive and proactive work ethic
- Experience in RAMM contractor / Pocket RAMM
- Full Class 1 drivers licence
- Self-driven with ability to work on your own, and as part of a team
But most importantly you’ll need to have great people and customer relationships skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to be working as part of a collaborative and future focused team, in an organisation that values people as its greatest assets!
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 575229.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.