|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to a solid track record of Construction projects over the last 3 years and continued growth and confirmed forward work load, our Tasman team have an exciting opportunity for a high performing Contract Manager to join our Construction team.
About the role
In this key role, and as part of our Transport Services team, you’ll be alongside the Construction Manager in delivering on our strategy. You will be responsible for operational delivery of civil infrastructure works within the Nelson / Tasman area. Day to day you will be:
- Ensuring our team has an unwavering focus on zero harm
- Enhancing our strong relationships with our clients and delivering as promised, every time.
- Growing the team, and the capability of the team by providing clear and positive leadership
- Ensuring that we deliver projects as expected, from tender through to physical works
- Lead the associated operational teams in delivering successful outcomes
You’ll need a proven record of putting people first through providing decisive and inclusive leadership to your teams and the wider business. You also have:
- Advanced planning skills, focused on delivering BAU with excellence whilst growing our market
- Strong communication skills including the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Demonstrated capability in regards to financial and performance management
- Extensive construction experience in delivering contracts including demonstrated capability in commercial acumen, project controls, programme management and resource planning
With our Tasman business having long term maintenance contracts as base workload and a large portfolio of confirmed exciting Construction projects over the next ten years, this is a fantastic time to join our business and be part of this growth period.
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 574980.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.