|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Blasting Services (DBS) is one of the largest blasting services providers in the Australian mining industry. It provides innovative blasting solutions to over 20 projects across Australia, with a fleet of over 50 Mobile Processing Units, four state-of-the-art emulsion-manufacturing facilities and a 300-strong workforce. For over a decade DBS has been provided a flexible, collaborative and pioneering blasting service to its impressive list of major resources sector customers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Downer Mining, it has the backing and scale of a leading mining services company, but the personal touch of a smaller one.
We are currently seeking a locally based Mobile Processing Unit (MPU) Operator for a full-time role based at Meandu Mine on a lifestyle roster. Reporting to the Site Supervisor, this role relies on your competent ability to operate an MPU safely and productively. You will be focusing on building long term relationships with our Team and our Client, by endeavoring to always go the extra mile and living the Downer Blasting Services (DBS) values.
- Experience safely operating MPUs within an open cut mining environment and knowledge of explosive materials capacity.
- Have a thorough understanding of the types and properties of explosives materials
- Good knowledge on product mixing parameters and ratios, along with incompatible materials and methods of segregation
- Strong awareness of emergency procedures and equipment associated with the loading and operation of an MPU
- National Police Check (valid in last 12 months or willingness to undertake)
- QLD Security Clearance Card
WHAT WE OFFER
- A lifestyle roster (5/4, 4/5, 5/5)
- Supportive, friendly team and a great working environment
- Growth and development opportunities second to none
- An overriding commitment to Zero Harm
To apply, please click on the link to submit your application. This role is being sourced directly by DBS and not through recruitment agencies. All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Screening will commence prior to closing date.