|Job Type:||Full Time|
Leading Hand - Mechanic
- Bring your leadership and mechanical skills to this fast paced role
- Lead a team to Repair and maintain a wide range of Mobile Powered Plant in our workshop
- Enjoy stable employment and build your career in this permanent role
At Coates Hire, A Job is never just a Job – It’s Progress.
Take responsibility for the safe, effective and efficient inspection, maintenance, service, overhaul and repair of our extensive range of Mobile Powered Plant and assist in the coordination of all Mechanics. The Leading Hand Mechanic plays a crucial role in helping to ensure hire equipment at the branch is ready, fit and safe for hire. A key focus of the role is providing exceptional customer service to Coates Hire’s customers, as well as ensuring a high standard of safety.
About your responsibilities:
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership contributing to Coates Hire’s Safety First - Zero Harm safety culture
- Diagnose and repair mechanical faults across a variety of equipment
- Ensure appropriate stock levels of spare parts are available
- Ensure paper work is completed for service or repair work; maintain service records.
- Allocate jobs to mechanics to achieve maximum efficiencies
- Ensure operational downtime is kept to a minimum.
As well as having amazing customer service skills and Can-Do, flexible attitude, you will ideally have:
- Must be Trade qualified and ideally have a Forklift ticket
- Experience with petrol and diesel motors, hydraulics and electrical skills
- Effective time management and attention to detail
- Experienced with building and running teams to get maximum output
- Troubleshooting, diagnostic and preventative maintenance skills
- A commitment to safety on the job
If you live and breathe safety and uphold safe work practices at all times we welcome your application. You can make it happen.