|Location:||Adelaide, Bendigo, Melbourne|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the division
Financial Markets is the specialized area that delivers foreign exchange and interest rate risk management solutions and money market investments to the bank’s customer base. Analyst, Markets Risk and Structuring, Financial Markets is a specialist position.
Financial Markets assists our consumer and business customers navigate the significant volatility of changes in financial markets asset prices and the impact that volatility has on customer financial goals.
Financial Markets supports the funding of the group’s balance sheet growth and net interest margin performance on its liabilities through directly managing and growing the group’s portfolio of money market customers which includes entities such as listed corporates, fund managers, federal and state government authorities, councils, high net worth individuals and universities. Further, Financial Markets prices and manages any large deposits sourced via the network.
About the role
The Analyst, Markets Risk and Structuring supports the Financial Markets business unit in delivering on its purpose of:
- Enabling the group’s customers to manage their interest rate and currency risk, hedge payment and funding needs, buy and sell foreign currency and manage their investment funds
- fulfilling group obligations in respect to funding balance sheet growth and managing net interest income
- generating strong returns with a relatively small amount of supporting capital, ie high raroc
- acting as a business enabler for other parts of the group
- taking a lead role in customer acquisition, retention and satisfaction strategies
- managing complex financial risks in accordance with group policy and reputational requirements
Key responsibilities include
- Understanding and analysing the market, liquidity, regulatory risks delegated to financial markets from ALMAC and other committees for foreign exchange and interest rate risk
- Data analysis to support decision making for pricing and management of BEN group’s foreign currency balance sheet (Financial Markets manages all FX risk for the group) and the resultant FX and interest rate and option risks that arise
- Analyze market data and apply quantitative analysis methodologies to support decision making in order to optimize groups returns, manage risks and communicate to other risk functions.
- Develop and produce reports
- Clearing risk generated by the group or the group’s customers into the market
- Operational risk as it relates to portfolio management
- Develop relationships with hedge banks to support the team in managing these key relationships
- Analyze information to support the process for centralized clearing and/or altering initial and variation margin requirements as it impacts Financial Markets
- Work to develop technology and delivery including e-customer platforms, interbank dealing platforms, sales function to risk management decentralized platforms
- Work to deliver customer centred solutions and strategies to the sales team to allow the sales team to service and deliver to our customer base
- Degree qualified: Commerce/technical
- Knowledge of financial markets across different customer segments
- Understanding Financial Markets products
- Very strong mathematical and analytical mind
- Advanced excel / spreadsheeting skills
- strength of understanding and using systems
- Influencing skills
- Knowledge of the current Australian and international regulatory requirements for Financial Markets
- Results focused
- Self-starter that can work closely with bank wide teams, key stakeholders and Partners
- experience in Financial Markets
- Direct experience as an Analyst: Markets Risk and Structuring, Financial Markets is a specialized position
- Direct experience in quantitative analysis and using data to support decision making
- Direct experience in analysis of different markets – eg. foreign exchange, equities
- Postgraduate studies/CFA desirable but not essential
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. You bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Applications close: 26th January 2021
*Please note screening and interviews may commence prior to this closing date.
For further information please refer to the Position Description PD_Analyst MRS_24 Dec 2020.docx