|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new position that gives you the freedom to mould your future however you like? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Senior Manager Quality Planning and Assurance is required to oversee the staged assurance activities of vehicles and assemblies across the Milvehcoe (Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence) operations based in Redbank, Brisbane. Collaborating with our EU based Entities and our customers to assure and confirm the compliance of vehicles and their associated processes to requirements, and coordinating the compilation of Vehicle Log Books and other methodologies to provide compliance evidence and records to ensure Acceptance by the customers.
The Senior Manager Quality Planning and Assurance leads a team of Project Quality Managers and Engineers, Quality Officers and Inspectors, and other quality personnel in providing quality assurance for the design, manufacture, delivery and infield support for a range of ANZ and global projects.
About the role
As Senior Manager Quality Planning and Assurance, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Provide expert level quality management support services to enable effective decision making and delivery of sound quality business outcomes across operational activities at Milvehcoe;
- Guide projects through government material and asset qualification processes and requirements to provide RDA the necessary approvals to produce qualified products;
- Mentor / guide senior project staff in the effective use of quality management systems and tools;
- Assist the development and implementation of a business management system;
- Planning and managing inspection and auditing activities to assure that an acceptable level of build quality is maintained/ achieved for vehicles and assemblies, including verifying and collating the content of Vehicle Log Books and other such methods used to manage and demonstrate manufacturing quality;
- Prepare quality reports (around quality performance, KPI’s, risks and quality compliance);
- Support or attend business unit and project level management system review meetings, including business level reviews, customer reviews and project reviews;
- Support and monitor the internal audit program as it relates to operational scope of activities, planning / performing / reporting / following-up and resolving quality problems as relevant, in particular the program to verify and assure operational controls and process verification;
- Leading the development and improvement of project quality assurance controls and associated documentation, including training and awareness materials therefore;
- Evaluation of customer requirements and definition / management of project quality requirements in order to fulfill customer requirements;
- Contribute to achieving the operational quality budget, and vehicle delivery targets by driving quality costs and reworks down;
- Initiate specific improvement projects, e.g. best practice procedures and ITPs/ Quality Gates, etc., to assist the development of improved quality tools for use across RDA;
- Fulfill other duties and responsibilities that may be required as determined with your manager from time to time.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Tertiary qualifications (Degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant degree);
- Recognised formal training in Quality (CQE, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, degree, etc.);
- Skilled in using advanced quality tools and techniques;
- Work experience (10 years) in quality assurance in comparable industry;
- Comprehensive understanding of the ISO 9000 family and NATO Allied Quality Assurance Publications;
- Highly developed stakeholder management skills and experience working with senior management, technical experts, etc. where customised solutions and a consultancy based approach are key;
- Good IT knowledge, particularly of SAP QM;
- Management Systems Auditor qualification would be an advantage; and
- Ability to travel interstate and internationally when required.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Wepon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
+61 428 881 736