|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno's Construction Services team has an enviable track record of working on some of Queensland's largest and most complex infrastructure projects. Our team of technical specialists have an established reputation in the industry for its' utilities expertise and have developed a strong pipeline of work.
We are now looking at growing our team with the appointment of a Senior Civil/Utilities Engineer to provide technical leadership in public utilities design and coordination in major transport (road and rail) infrastructure projects, to be based in our global headquarters in Fortitude Valley. As an integral part of our growing Construction Services team, your primary focus will be providing technical leadership in utilities, undertaking supervision of project staff (including engineers and designers), and review of project deliverables in the utilities field. With Cardno's "Work Your Way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way you work to deliver the best outcomes for you, your team, our clients and Cardno.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Overall utilities engineering / technical leadership (with support from discipline specialists where required) from concept to detailed design in complex major transport infrastructure projects
- Undertake supervision of project staff and review of project deliverables
- RPEQ certification of designs where required (in appropriate specialist discipline, e.g. water/sewer infrastructure or similar)
- Leading multi-disciplinary engineers and designers in project delivery and ensuring designs are integrated with the wider civil infrastructure components
- Implementing temporary traffic management schemes and relocating utilities
- Ensuring timely delivery of accurate design and reporting to a technically high standard and within budget allocations
- Liaising with clients to develop practical and commercial solutions to projects
- Mentoring and sharing technical experience with less experienced engineers and designers
- Ensuring processes comply with Cardno's Quality Management system
- Commitment to application of work health and safety principals to maintain Cardno's commitment to Zero Harm
To be successful you must have -
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in engineering (e.g. Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering)
- Minimum of 10 years' relevant experience with utility design, relocation management and interface management
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
- Experience in delivering utilities projects in a transport infrastructure design only or preferably design and construct environment, particularly in major infrastructure projects
- Solid understanding of utilities design standards and criteria, including utilities authority's policies and procedures and approval requirements
- Established working relationships and connections with QLD statutory authorities and utility service providers
- Technical knowledge and experience to identify utilities conflicts and development of appropriate mitigation strategies
- Working knowledge of and MS packages (including Excel, Word, and Project)
- Understanding of relevant software such as 12D, AutoCAD, and GIS
- Experience in leading the development of existing and proposed 3D utilities models in large scale infrastructure projects
- Experience in the coordination of utilities designs in the full lifecycle of infrastructure projects
- A commitment to self-improvement and continuing professional development
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage up and downwards as required
- Project management experience including commercial acumen
- Business development skills/experience desirable (but not essential)
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance-based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.