|Job Type:||Full Time|
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a finance / accounting background and interest in corporate affairs to make the shift into Investor Relations (IR).
Joining our lean, high-performing team, the successful candidate will help to ensure that the company's strategy and investment proposition is clearly and accurately presented to key external financial stakeholders. In return for your expert analysis, we look forward to supporting the successful candidate in learning and growing within the IR field.
Transurban is a top 20 ASX listed company, and one of the world's largest toll-road operators. We deliver and operate major infrastructure projects across our road networks in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, as well as in Greater Washington and Montreal. As we continue to grow as an organisation, so to does our Investor Relations program.
The impact you'll have
- You'll draw on your experience as a business analyst (or similar) to assist in the preparation and delivery of financial results presentations, ASX releases, quarterly updates and other IR related collateral
- You'll play a critical role by liaising with our finance, traffic and other internal teams to get the right data to feed into investor communications and to answer investor and analyst queries
- You'll prepare financial analysis to underpin our IR strategy and communications, triangulating different data points and sets
- You'll manage broker consensus and monitor market sentiment, providing ad hoc analysis on share price and volume movements
- You'll prepare briefing notes to ensure we are prepared for investor meetings, and attend them alongside your IR colleagues/management
- You'll adopt a best practice / continuous improvement approach to IR through proactive upskilling, knowledge sharing, and ensuring recommendations are shared amongst the team
The talents you'll bring
- A desire to learn and be part of a growing IR function for a top 20 ASX listed business
- Professional experience, preferably direct or via consultancy, with an ASX listed business as a business analyst (or similar)
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Thorough understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts coupled with finely tuned analytical skills
- Understanding of financial modelling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors
- The ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external to the business
- Strong research and investigation skills
- Experience in use of Microsoft (Excel, PowerPoint and Word), with experience using Bloomberg, preferred.
- Proven experience in handling corporate and financial information sensitively
- Tertiary qualifications (Commerce, Accounting, Finance etc.) and / or professional certifications (CA, CPA, CFA) preferable.
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!