|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno is currently seeking a Project Accountant to join an established Finance team to provide support in managing the portfolio's project financial requirements including, assessment of financial risks, ensuring project financials are maintained appropriately and providing support to the business project managers.
This role is based from our Petone office and with our new "Work your way" policy we offer the flexibility to balance your career and family life. This position will see you working across the broader Cardno APAC business and is a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-disciplined, global organisation with a great team culture.
This position offers the opportunity to:
- Manage the portfolio's project financial risks including work in progress and debtors in accordance with accounting policies to ensure all projects represent true financial balances
- Oversee project controls effectiveness and work closely with other finance functions, such as Shared services team
- Provide financial support to Project Managers in preparation of revenue recognition monthly (either estimate at completion (EAC) projections or percentage of complete) in accordance with accounting policy.
- Prepare timely project invoicing to customers including review of billable and non-billable expenses
- Be able to ensure all project accounting activities are completed in accordance with monthly timetables and company policies / standards
- Work closely with the Commercial Manager for NSW/ACT & NZ to ensure any projects at risk are early detected and improvement plans are put in place
- Manage preparation of monthly project operating review reporting including commentary on variances
To be successful you will display -
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or other work-related degree or equivalent in experience
- 3+ years of finance/project accounting experience preferably in a large corporate
- Good numerical and analytical abilities, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with initiative and communicate clear and concise data to cross-functional teams
- Strong project technical accounting skills
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance-based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has
more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.