|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Excellent career opportunities within NAB C&IB Corporate Finance
- Structured finance environment focusing on PF Originations and Institutional Banking in the Energy and Utilities sector
- Location - 500 Bourke Street, Melbourne
A career that gives you more
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper.
About the role
A rare opportunity has become available for a talented and experienced Associate or Senior Associate to join our Corporate Finance team – focusing on Project Finance transactions across the Energy sector within Corporate & Institutional Banking.
Primarily supporting the Project Finance originations business, you’ll be part of a team that provides credit analysis, deal execution and portfolio risk management functions on non-recourse structured finance transactions across the resources and energy sectors. Further, you’ll have an opportunity to build on your existing credit/analytical skills and client relationship skills, and play a key role in driving superior client outcomes, delivering world class client relationships and executing new lending transactions.
Further responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Structuring transactions and preparing credit submissions, employing financial modelling and making recommendations on transactions to credit.
- Support transaction execution through the analysis and interpretation of financial modelling, due diligence and legal documentation
- Workflow management between Client Coverage Team, CME, and other Product Partners, to achieve seamless client experience.
- Responsible for managing the ongoing monitoring of the risk profile and compliance requirements of a client portfolio, ensuring portfolio hygiene is a good standard
- Conduct research and analysis to develop industry/sector expertise and knowledge .
- Attend internal and external stakeholders meetings where appropriate to support business outcomes while managing portfolio risks.
- Provide guidance/coaching to junior members of the team
What you will bring
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Business or a related discipline;
- previous experience in Project Finance or Structured lending;
- experience in Natural Resources, Energy or Infrastructure Institutional credit would be well regarded;
- ability to demonstrate strong financial modelling skills is essential;
- strong skills in risk assessment and credit writing.
Detail focused and a proactive self-starter, you will also have exceptional inter-personal skills, the ability to work effectively in a team environment and connect with clients and key internal stakeholders. This role requires strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills with the capability to effectively manage conflicting priorities and competing stakeholder expectations.
By joining NAB, you are committing to putting our customers’ needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what’s right, even when it’s hard.
NAB, invested in you
We are committed to gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & well-being benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s explore who you are and what drives you.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.