|Job Type:||Full Time|
Working as part of a growing Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (ML) team, the Senior Data Scientist plays an important role in the design, development and operation of Transurban's ML platform and capability.
The scope of the Senior Data Scientist encompasses many ML functions including: data science; developing/leveraging ML algorithms; running ML tests and experiments; training and retraining systems; platform performance optimisation; incident troubleshooting and problem management.
The impact you'll have
- You'll architect and develop ML models, inclusive of:
-working closely with the business to understand which business problems can be solved through ML and data science practices and techniques
-researching, testing and implementing appropriate ML algorithms and tools
-selecting appropriate data sets and designing & developing data pipelines
-performing statistical analysis and fine-tuning
- You'll support and continuously enhance the ML platform, inclusive of:
-ensuring the platform is providing the required data, functionality and performance
-overseeing the lifecycle management of the ML platform to ensure the platform stays supportable and follows industry best practice
- You'll be a solution designer seeking an increase in automation, CI, testability, simplicity, scalability, predictability, efficiency, security, performance, and maintainability
- You'll create, modify, and enhance source code including code reviews and ensuring overall quality and efficiency
- You'll provide data science and ML knowledge expertise, contribute to technical discussions and communicate ideas, plans, and results to key stakeholders
- Experience working with large, complex source systems, and working with developers of those systems to dig in and understand the complexities of the data
- Proven ability to solve complex business problems with scalable solutions using ML practices and through applying data science and deep learning approaches
- Strong Python scripting abilities
- AWS cloud experience
- Extensive experience writing and optimising SQL queries
- Experience with distributed/clustered platforms such as Hadoop and Redshift
- Tertiary education and/or professional certification(s) highly desired
At Transurban we are driven by bringing people and places closer. Together, we're building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology. We're making roads ready for driverless cars and predicting accidents before they happen. We're getting people where they're going. And we're doing it faster, smarter and safer.
We believe in equality. We treat everyone with fairness, consideration and respect, regardless of gender, cultural background, religious beliefs, sexuality or personal circumstances - whether they work for us or not. We want to ensure everyone feels comfortable to express themselves and their opinions.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Start changing the world around you. Apply now!