|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to growth, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Civil Drafter / CAD Manager to join our Transport team and play an integral role in the delivery of transport infrastructure works throughout South East Queensland. Based in our global headquarters in Fortitude Valley, which is surrounded by cafes and restaurants in the bustling King Street precinct. Our modern office is state of the art with natural lighting and greenery throughout and is conveniently located within a few minutes' walk to the train station and secure parking. With Cardno's "Work Your Way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way you work to deliver the best outcomes for you, your team, our clients and Cardno.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of engineering drawings, sketches and related documentation using AutoCAD
- Ensure work output is of a technically high standard, while meeting budgeted times and costs
- Liaise with engineers, designers and project managers to ensure work output meets client needs
- Develop innovative solutions to problems for the successful accomplishment of assigned projects
- Provide mentoring and support to continue the development of junior staff within the team
- Ample opportunity for training and guidance to grow your career, and expand into a design role in the future
- Managing and coordinating a small team of drafters on a large road project
- Review and checking of drafting and CAD models including meeting all QA requirement
- Use CAD models to create high quality engineering drawings.
To be successful you will display -
- Minimum of ten years demonstrated drafting experience, preferably within a consulting environment
- Ideally hold a Diploma of Civil Engineering
- Experience in a digital engineering environment
- Experience in the use of common BIM technologies in project delivery will be an advantage
- Ability to assist with document control procedures
- Demonstrated high level knowledge and experience in transport infrastructure drafting
- Advanced knowledge of design software including AutoCAD
- Experience with Australian major road authorities including Department of Transport & Main Roads
- Through knowledge of local authority, state government and Australian Standards requirements
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to self-improvement and continuing professional development
How to Apply
Please submit your application including a CV and Cover Letter by Friday 12th February 2021.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.