|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Roads Designer to join our Transport team in our global headquarters in Fortitude Valley. We are dedicated to delivering key roads projects for a wide range of clients in SEQ on small to large road infrastructure projects. Our Fortitude Valley office is conveniently located within a few minutes' walk to the train station and secure parking. We are surrounded by cafes and restaurants in the bustling King Street precinct and our modern office is state of the art with natural lighting and greenery throughout. With Cardno's "Work Your Way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way you work to deliver the best outcomes for you, your team, our clients and Cardno.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include -
- Participating in the delivery of Road Infrastructure projects, ensuring output is of a high standard, within time and cost budget allocations while ensuring client expectations are met
- Civil engineering designs for roads, highways and other transport infrastructure projects
- Preparation of conceptual and detailed design drawings in accordance with statutory requirements and standards
- Managing deliverables of a project including quality control and the coordination of drafting staff
- Providing input to the continuous improvement of our design and drafting standards
To be successful you will display -
- Relevant qualification including a minimum Associate Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years' experience as a roads civil designer working either within the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) or in a consulting office working on TMR projects
- Experience in road drainage design will be an advantage
- In depth knowledge of Austroads Guide to Road Design and RPDM 2nd edition
- Experienced in 12D modelling, AutoCAD and ability to produce engineering plans
- A strong client focus
- Ability to lead a team of designers on multidisciplinary design projects
- Pro-active, team focused approach
- Experience in Design and project management is desirable
- Experience in a digital engineering environment
- Experience in the use of common BIM technologies in project delivery will be an advantage
How to Apply
Please submit your application including a CV and Cover Letter by Friday 12th February 2021.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.