|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno is currently seeking a Principal-level Senior Civil Engineer to support our growing Transport team. We hold a strong industry reputation off the back of successfully delivered projects which are located throughout SEQ and range from master planned communities and high-density developments through to major infrastructure projects. Based in our global headquarters in Fortitude Valley, you will be part of a strong team dynamic that values their people with regular training and ensuring our team is rewarded for their hard work and successes. Our Fortitude Valley office is conveniently located within a few minutes' walk to the train station and secure parking. We are surrounded by cafes and restaurants in the bustling King Street precinct and our modern office is state of the art with natural lighting and greenery throughout. With Cardno's "Work Your Way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way you work to deliver the best outcomes for you, your team, our clients and Cardno.
Specifically, your duties will include -
- Design management, providing technical design supervision, managing scope and deliverables, review processes for multi-discipline transport design projects
- Proposal management, leading and delivering high quality proposal documentation, fee estimation, methodology development, client liaison and contract negotiation
- Project management, managing the delivery throughout the project life cycle, managing and taking accountability for overall time, cost, and quality of delivery of a wide variety of projects
- Leadership for roads and civil design projects providing technical oversight, review, and instruction through the development of design solutions
- Safety leadership, including planning and execution of safety in design processes on projects
- Mentoring and coaching of more junior team members including engineers and designers
- Building and maintaining client relationships on allocated projects and new opportunities
- Planning resource needs in consultation with Project Managers and coordinating with authorities and stakeholders to satisfy project requirements
- Ensure project deliverables are managed in line with the company's Quality Management System
To be successful you will display -
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering combined with demonstrated 15+ years' experience within a civil infrastructure project environment (with specific exposure to roads and highways)
- Experience with Australian major road authorities including Department of Transport & Main Roads
- Have a strong client focus
- Pro-active, team focussed approach
- An in-depth knowledge of industry related Australian Standards, local TMR Standards and other road design standards
- Be a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)
- Commitment to self-improvement and continuing professional development
How to Apply
Please submit your application including a CV and Cover Letter by Friday 12th February 2021.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.