|Job Type:||Full Time|
Discover what is possible with us
Our technical expertise is something we are quietly proud of. Through our investment in research and development, we have advanced the technical development of our mining methods, achieving operational efficiencies. Whether you are part of our offices, or at one of our sites near or far, you will find so much more than you expect.
Operations near and far
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in East Pilbara, Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognizes the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sports and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days to support our community feel at Telfer.
Who we are looking for
Our collaborative and high-performing Operational Technology team at Telfer is on the lookout of a confident and resilient Site Technology Officer to ensure the safe, reliable, and effective operation & maintenance of the underlying technology infrastructure.
Reporting directly to the Senior Engineer of Operational Technology, this role will see you provide subject-matter expertise on a range of continuous improvement initiatives, network and system related challenges, and routing changes and updates.
Other key deliverables of this role include:
- Conduct day to day maintenance, troubleshooting and continuous improvement of operational technology infrastructure
- Perform Windows & Linux Server and Desktop administration
- Actively participate in Backup, Antivirus and Disaster Recovery procedures
- Firmware, configuration management and administration of a wide range of intelligent devices including telemetry, VoIP, CCTV & Digital Dashboards
- Provide technical guidance on the integration of new systems with existing site infrastructure
To be successful in this role, you will have exceptional Cisco Networking skills and demonstrated experience in the maintenance of systems and development of processes to improve network functionality. Experience in a similar role within Mining, Manufacturing or Heavy Industry with exposure to FIFO lifestyle will be highly regarded. Cisco certifications such as CCNA or CCNP routing and switching will be viewed favourably.
You will also ideally have:
- Proven experience and successful track record in the design, troubleshooting and configuration of Cisco networks
- Skilled in configuring, managing and troubleshooting of computer hardware
- Windows, Linux, and embedded system administration experience
- Ability to create, manage and troubleshoot a Virtual environment (ESXi is preferable)
- Experience with wireless network technology, administration and deployment
Please note: This is a permanent position that will work on a FIFO (8/6) roster. Point of Hire is Perth.
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.