|Job Type:||Full Time|
Arboriculture and vegetation management is a multi-billion dollar industry with a future in Australia. It involves the management of individual trees, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play. Active Tree Services is the industry leader in the commercial space.
We have a large fleet of vehicles we rely on to service our client’s needs, and we are looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic with a can-do attitude to be based in our facility located in Mornington, Hobart.
You will be responsible for the servicing, repairing, and maintenance of our diesel fleet vehicles, equipment, and machinery including Elevated Work Platform's (EWP), tippers, chippers, specialised all-terrain equipment, and excavators. You will work in a small team with good work ethic, and in an environment where no two days are ever the same.
Here at Active we foster and develop our employees therefore applicants with light vehicle mechanical experience will be considered.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- $30-$40 per hour depending on experience, with the opportunity for overtime where available
- All uniforms and PPE provided
- Opportunities for training and development, including the chance to increase your technical knowledge with exposure to specialised equipment
- The ability to progress your career within Active
What we need in return:
- A current and unrestricted MR class drivers’ licence
- HR class drivers’ licence is an advantage, or have the willingness to obtain one
- Qualifications specialising in Light Vehicle Mechanic (Cert III minimum)
- Qualifications specialising in Heavy Diesel Mechanics are highly desirable
- Experience in fault finding and diagnostics is an advantage
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.