|Job Type:||Full Time|
Being the largest multidisciplinary consulting firm in the Illawarra and South coast region, our established team includes civil engineering, planning, environmental science, landscape design, GIS, drainage and flooding specialists, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, utilities and WSC, specialist project managers and construction phase services.
Our team services the traditional land development market as well as the buildings sector, industrial and waste, road and rail transport infrastructure, local government and mining. Our team is uniquely placed in both expertise and locality to have an interesting and diverse workload with endless opportunities.
The Wollongong office is growing and has more than 100 professionals who work collaboratively together and are focused on high quality delivery. The Cardno values are safety, integrity, people and excellence and the successful candidate should strongly align with these values.
You will play an integral role in managing and mentoring the team to ensure successful project delivery and first class service to our clients. You will take on the responsibility of the strategic growth of the urban infrastructure team through client engagement and business development activities.
Being part of Wollongong's leadership team you will participate in setting the strategic direction for the whole team, inspiring collaboration, growing a performance based culture and contributing to the operational decisions. This role would ideally suit someone who is looking for experience to step up in their career, develop business leadership skills and be ready and willing to take on new challenges.
This is a great opportunity to join Cardno's friendly Wollongong office and the position would suit an experienced people leader with a background in urban engineering design.
- Develop and implement your strategies for people, clients, growth, quality, safety and performance
- Deliver high quality, innovative project solutions that provide real value to our clients
- Ensure project deliverables are managed in line with Cardno's Quality Management System.
- Motivate, mentor, recruit and develop a great team of people
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities for new business
A key element to this role is your well-developed leadership skills to motivate and team of engineering professionals.
In addition to your enthusiasm and drive, you will demonstrate the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in civil engineering
- Registration within Profession or eligibility for corporate membership
- Established background in urban development engineering projects preferable from consultancy company
- Demonstrated ability to foster trusted long-term business relationships with clients, colleagues and stakeholders for mutual benefit
- Previous experience directly leading an engineering team
- Strong Project management and client liaison skills
- A client service focus with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in team environments.
If you are keen to make a difference, we welcome your interest! Please send through your resume and cover letter or reach out to me Julie Faulkner (Senior Talent Acquisition) for further information
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.