|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Northern NSW Business Unit is continuing to grow its capabilities in the region and is looking for a motivated person to deliver on site investigations, geotechnical design, project management and technical reporting. You will join a team of 10 Geotechnical Engineers servicing land development, roads, rail, civil and industrial projects, for a wide range of private and public sector clients.
Cardno is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer who will work collaboratively within the Geotechnical team and has a "hands on" with project delivery, site investigations, technical report writing and preparation / review of proposals. The position will be open to being based either in the Newcastle or Gosford office and Cardno offer flexibility of working from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-disciplined and progressive global organisation with a great team culture and access to industry specialists and mentors. Cardno will partner with you to ensure you meet your career aspirations and encourage / support you to gain Chartered Engineer or other relevant professional certification. Even though you will be working within a regional office there are opportunities to work with the broader Australia Pacific group and learn from our Geotechnical Experts.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Work on a wide range of projects which will include subdivision and multi-storey developments, highways projects, rail corridor investigations and design, slope stability risk assessments / remediation and civil infrastructure schemes
- Undertake projects throughout the full life-cycle, including scope and planning, fieldwork, supervision, design and reporting
- Undertake geotechnical investigation, modelling and design in areas such as slope stability, pavements, foundations, retaining walls, earthworks and excavation support with capability / opportunity to operate software such as Circly, RS2, Slope/W and Plaxis
- Work with a wide variety of experienced professionals, collaborating with other offices, in a multi-disciplinary international consulting services company
With the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Experience preferably within a geotechnical team in a consultancy environment
- Hands on experience in geotechnical infrastructure projects
- High degree of self-motivation and enthusiasm for self-development
- Experience in site investigation and coordinating contractors
- Good report writing and verbal communication skills with both internal and external clients
- Driving License
- Innovative and solution orientated when problem solving
If you are keen and ready to join an enthusiastic and dynamic team, we are keen to discuss the next exciting phase of your career. Please send through your resume and cover letter.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.