|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Drive the new strategic vision of NAB Private across the external market
- Showcase your passion & expertise for business development & customer advocacy
- A unique role that combines team growth capability uplift with relationship management
A career that gives you more!
This Private Client Director (PCD) role is effectively the face of NAB Private. The pivotal role will have business development and relationship management skills, professionally representing the business in direct client interaction as well as in associated business, community and social networks. Client satisfaction is paramount leading to consistent advocacy for our services. Effective business development initiatives are a core enabler leading to proactive new client acquisition and cross sell to the existing client. This role has stewardship of some of NAB’s most important and influential clients and requires an absolute desire to serve a genuine interest in assisting and being relevant in the financial lives of their clients.
As a Private Client Director you will be responsible for the proactive management of some of our most valuable Private Client relationships. This includes managing a small portfolio and driving growth of the business across multiple client portfolios through existing client relationships, the introduction of the Global Investment Desk and acquisition of new customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage a flagship portfolio of NAB Private clients, potentially with a shared NAB Corporate relationship
- Identify new business and referral opportunities and establish, develop and utilise networks of internal and external contacts
- Carries a high degree of professional presence and acumen and proactively contacts clients to check on the quality of the relationship and client satisfaction
- Prepare and submit for approval consumer and business lending proposals outside own authority with full justification for recommendations, including obtaining and analysing industry and business information
- Builds and maintains understanding of wealth management, financial planning, capital markets, and the financial services industry to develop appropriate business strategies
- Role model and develop core client relationship skills that drive business growth across the team
- Support the Managing Partner with business growth capability uplift.
What we’re looking for in our future talent:
- Previous banking experience dealing with High Net-worth Clients
- Previous experience within Private Banking, Corporate banking, Asset Management, Markets and/or Investment banking.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of Business, Private & Corporate banking products and services.
- Strong knowledge of the domestic and global competitive environment.
- Proven ability to successfully develop strong working relationships internally and externally.
Preferred candidates will be highly experienced with a degree and/or post-graduate professional qualification.
Who we are:
NAB Private is a dedicated world-class private bank offering, combining the expertise of JB Were, NAB Private and business banking at NAB. NAB Private is dedicated to the needs of an exclusive group of clients and their families whose complex financial situations require a specialist approach. We partner with clients along every stage of their financial journey, assisting them to understand, create, protect and transfer their wealth. Much more than just a bank, we're here to provide personalised service and specialised support to our clients with every aspect of their financial life, from wealth creation and protection, to insights and philanthropy.
With more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers in Australia and around the world we are proud to have dedicated $70 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer for LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI , endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180 , have an African Australian Inclusion Program. We offer access to a wide range of employee benefits, from education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts. For more information please visit us here.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.