|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come on board and join our team as a Network Inspector. We are one of the largest road infrastructure services businesses in New Zealand. We work hard and are proud of what we do – maintenance and repair of roads across the North Island.
As a Network Inspector with us, you’ll be the eyes and ears of the network for the Gisborne region. Be responsible for identifying and logging defects of network assets and assist in preparing the maintenance programmes plus providing support to our Maintenance team.
What’s in it for you
You’ll be building your career with an organisation that’s committed to inspiring futures. You’ll also:
- Have plenty of opportunities to grow through the ranks in your career
- Be part of a fun, friendly and supportive team
- A competitive remuneration with opportunities to be part of our training & development programmes
About the role
This is a diverse and challenging role that will see you inspecting road corridor assets, record all faults defects and propose suitable solutions while ensuring all operations meet the health and safety requirements. As a Network Inspector, you will be working alongside Project Managers and Contract Managers to assist in the development of maintenance programmes. You will also:
- Identify risks and make corrective actions where required
- Audit completed work by the crews and sub-contractors with a focus on quality
- Ensure project operations achieve a superior level of safety performance
- Provide support to field staff on field programming tools such as Pocket RAMM.
Not only will you be dealing with the crew, but you should also be comfortable with getting across all levels. Thus it goes without saying that communication is key in this role. Your success in this role will come from you bringing:
- A proven track record in assisting in the development of maintenance programmes through field inspections
- An organised and systematic approach with an ability to work on your own, and as part of a team
- A positive and proactive work ethic
- RAMM contractor / Pocket RAMM experience desirable
- Full Class 1 drivers licence
This is an excellent opportunity to be working as part of a collaborative and future focused team, in an organisation that values people as its greatest assets!
How to apply
If you believe you have what it takes to be part of a high-performing team and are ready to accept the challenge, apply today at www.downercareers.co.nz using job reference number 575284.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.