|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno, Canberra Business Unit, delivers concept and detailed designs and completes construction phase services for the majority of the large infrastructure projects within NSW / ACT region. You will work collaboratively within the Transport team in delivering quality designs and ensuring client specifications are completed to AUS roads standards.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Road Civil Designer with preferably 12D knowledge to join a proud tier two engineering / scientific consultancy where you are valued for your expertise. Even though you will be working within a regional office there are opportunities to work with the broader APAC group and develop technical skill across the different Australian states standards.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Ensuring timely delivery of road designs and high quality documentation
- Provision of accurate and efficient civil design services in accordance with relevant standards
- Lead the projects delivery of concept and detailed designs
- Project scoping and preparation of tender bids
- Working collaboratively within project teams,
- Mentoring and sharing your technical experience with less experienced designers and drafters
In addition to your enthusiasm and drive, you will demonstrate the following:
- Design proficiency within roads and highways
- Knowledge of technical standards and industry practice
- Familiarity with local authority and state government approval and regulatory requirements
- Developed 12D expertise working on a range of intersections / roundabouts/ barriers
- Experience with Australian major road authorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to liaise with the team, managers and clients
If you are keen for a new challenge and ready to join an enthusiastic and dynamic team, we are keen to discuss the next exciting phase of your career. Please send through your resume and cover letter.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.