|Job Type:||Full Time|
Being the largest multidisciplinary engineering / environmental science / planning consulting firm in the Illawarra and South coast region, our established team offer services to private developers, local council and state government. The Wollongong office is growing and has more than 100 professional engineers, scientist and planners who work collaboratively together.
The structural team has a strong pipeline of work for 2021 and are looking for an experienced / senior structural engineer to coordinate the end to end delivery of projects. Diversity is the key advantage in working within the team as the variety of projects range from Commercial, Residential, Schools, Water infrastructure, Bridges, Mining, Industrial and much more.
With Cardno's "Work your way" policy we offer flexibility in when, where and how you work. With a focus on outcomes and empowerment to choose the way to work to deliver the best outcomes for you, our clients, Cardno and your team.
- Develop innovative designs with a focus on quality and cost effective solutions
- Coordinate the delivery of the project to meet time lines and budget
- Mentoring junior employees and undertaking reviews of structural models, calculations, specifications and drawings.
- Prepare proposals and identify opportunities for client development
- Work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Direct construction phase services ensuring safety is a priority
You will be a proactive, enthusiastic engineer, with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Proficient user of structural design software such as SPACEGASS, Limcon, Strand7, RAPT, STAAD Pro, Inducta etc.
- Successful completion / coordination of a range of structural engineering design projects
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and the ability to manage project time lines and budgets
- Good report writing skills and confident communication with internal and external clients.
- Passion for self-development and obtaining / maintaining professional engineering membership
If you are keen for a new challenge and ready to join an enthusiastic and dynamic team, we are keen to discuss the next exciting phase of your career. Please send through your resume and cover letter.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.