|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cardno is currently seeking a Senior GIS professional to join an established GIS team to provide support in project delivery, business development, mentoring, coaching and being a technical expert to the broader Cardno business.
This role can be based from our offices in Wollongong or Sydney and with our new "Work your way" policy we offer the flexibility to balance your career and family life.
As well as having external clients across private, state and federal government, the group works closely with Transport, Urban Infrastructure and Environment teams among others to provide value-added service to clients on multi-disciplinary projects.
This position will see you working across the broader Cardno business across APAC and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a multi-disciplined, global organisation with a great team culture.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Perform day to day mapping and analysis in ArcGIS and provide a range of innovative spatial solutions to internal and external clients
- Coordinate spatial information projects including reporting project progress
- Provide support and technical assistance across the team
- Develop and promote GIS business development strategies for internal and external clients
- Be a technical expert in GIS and identify innovative opportunities to support Cardno projects
In addition to your enthusiasm and drive, you will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in GIS or equivalent
- Advanced experience with Esri ArcGIS suite
- Demonstrated skills in project planning and delivery.
- A passion and understanding of spatial, remote sensing, survey and geographical concepts
- Ability to influence and inspire internal and external clients regarding the benefits of using an integrated GIS approach to projects
- High attention to detail coupled with effective written and verbal communication skills
If you are keen to join an enthusiastic and dynamic team, we are keen to discuss the next exciting phase of your career. Please send through your resume and cover letter.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years' experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.