|Job Type:||Full Time|
It’s an exciting time to be joining Western Power. The way we use power is changing. The grid is evolving. And it’s our people who are helping connect everyone to a brighter energy future.
Our collaborative and safe work environment allows you to develop and expand your expertise in an industry that’s constantly evolving. We’re committed to equal opportunity and providing a flexible work life balance that empowers you to work smarter and supports your career growth.
Now more than ever, we need talented and passionate people to join us and help shape the future of energy in WA. Explore the fantastic opportunity below.
This is a full-time permanent role located at Perth, Head Office.
About the Role:
This role is responsible for supporting Western Power to navigate and adapt to transformational changes in our industry and to help shape our position in the future energy industry, whilst still providing safe, reliable and affordable energy for our customers. The person we’re looking for will be responsible for coaching and providing advice and support to leadership on how to raise their teams and functions up the Innovation maturity curve…and how to manage all the change that comes with it.
Nothing builds capability like doing, so this role will also have the opportunity to get its hands dirty delivering on projects which will change the way Western Power does business. If this sound like you, then read on—we’ve got an exciting opportunity for you.
What’s it like to work here?
Who says your working day should begin at 9 and finish at 5? We recognise the importance of flexibility and a healthy work-life balance within an equal opportunity workplace. Along with a competitive remuneration, we’re committed to providing long-term career options with personal development and training opportunities to hone your skills. You’ll also be part of an award-winning employee recognition program, enjoy social club perks and have access to exclusive employee benefits.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- A professional with at least 2 to 3 years’ previous experience and knowledge supporting business in execution of innovation projects with the ability to provide significant guidance, advice, and counsel
- Development and execution of Innovation Capability and/or Strategic Organisational Development implementing strategies for innovation maturity improvement
- Meaningful engagement at all level of the organisation including Board, Executive and Senior Leadership with demonstrated ability to influence and guide decision makers
- Some experience working under pressure to deliver projects with competing deadlines in a professional manner
- A Be Bold attitude an openness to new ideas
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Interaction with others requires understanding, influencing and supporting others, through applying technical knowledge or rational arguments
- Tertiary qualification in Innovation, Change Management or related discipline; or in the process of obtaining such qualification; or an equivalent combination of extensive experience and knowledge in a relevant area
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Salary: starting at ASU EA Level 4.1P: $79,177 + 11% superannuation.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 25th January 2021
Does this role sound like you? If you're ready to be apart of something great, apply now!