At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
We are currently seeking a Jumbo Operator’s to join the Olympic Dam team.
In this role you will:
- Bolt and Bore development rounds of up to 5 metre advance.
- Promote and consistently follow the standards and procedures designed to enable you to work safely and effectively every day.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Ensuring that your operating ability can achieve:
- Quality excavation profiles
- Ground support installed to standard
- Effective roadways
- Maximum advance per round
- Experienced Jumbo Operator who can safely achieve industry standard KPI’s.
- Experience operating Atlas M2C + E2C Drill rigs.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members/offsiders to promote safe work practices.
- Proven commitment to look after your own wellbeing and the confidence to speak up when others put themselves in harm’s way.
- Be focused on working collaboratively within your team to achieve results.
- Able to follow relevant processes and procedures within your department.
- Be a team player who is self-motivated.
- Prior experience as a Jumbo operator with experience across multiple sites and ground conditions
- A valid Driver’s Licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.