We're here to help communities thrive.
Your community is our community.
It is the sum of everyone’s different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives that makes ours a strong and inclusive community. We are always seeking fresh new faces. Faces just like yours. Fresh faces wanted.
We have a fixed term opportunity until 30 June 2022 based on Cocos (Keeling) Islands in a 4 week on/4week off FIFO rotation from Perth for an experienced Electrical Dual Tradesperson. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of electrical and instrumentation services including installation, testing, maintenance, fault finding, repair and commissioning of all Water, Wastewater and Power assets on the islands.
We are seeking an individual who takes ownership of their work area and is able to work effectively independently but also contributes to a positive team environment and safety culture. This role also requires you to participate in supervising activities and assisting the Team Leader in planning of work as required.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and installs electrical and instrumentation components to water, wastewater, power generation and distribution networks.
- Problem solves as required utilising application of knowledge of complex water systems and complex chemical dosing systems
- Plans and supervises/performs complex isolations and shutdowns
- Performs High Voltage switching as required. HV Competent – Performs HV switching under direction, performs duties of Recipient in Charge or if designated is HV Authorised – Additionally writes and checks HV Switching Programmes
- Performs all tasks on PLC, SCADA, Instrumentation and communication systems. Maintains, installs and calibrates control systems, instruments and analysers
- Undertakes advanced Fault finding on PLC, Instrumentation and SCADA equipment
- Identifies and implements PLC program modifications
- Analyses and rectifies problems with various control system communication protocols (e.g. Ethernet, Profibus, Modbus, DNP3)
- Quantifies resources and priorities, make decisions and plans maintenance projects on isolated assets.
- Electrical Trade Certificate
- Instrumentation Certificate
- Relevant High Risk Licences
- WA ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence
- HV Switching Competent or Authorised as required
- Experience in High Voltage operations
- Demonstrated experience in PLC, SCADA and telemetry systems.
- Demonstrated problem solving and fault finding skills
- Considerable trade experience in water supply and wastewater services and/or power generation and distribution.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health requirements including hazard identification
- Well-developed written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work with all district personnel, other business units and contractors.
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website